Here is a collection of 10 quotes by Abraham Maslow to help you realize the potential of your self. Abraham was a psychologist who was best known for creating Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, a theory based on fulfilling innate human needs in priority and culminating in self-actualization.
10 Psychologist Quotes By Abraham Maslow
1 – “If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.”
- The more tools you have in your toolbox, the better prepared you are to face any challenge that awaits.
2 – “If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.”
- We are all capable, but we are all not realizing this single most important fact.
3 – “A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.”
- In you lies something, a passion, that makes you truly happy. Find it and don’t let go.
4 – “One’s only rival is one’s own potentialities. One’s only failure is failing to live up to one’s own possibilities. In this sense, every man can be a king, and must therefore be treated like a king.”
- You have always been king but your own denials keep denying you of this important truth. It is your job as king to remain a king for the rest of your days to come.
5 - “What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself.”
- Pay close attention to yourself and you will discover more than you bargained for.
6 - “What a man can be, he must be. This need we call self-actualization.”
- You hold the cards necessary to win the game of life but first you must come to realize this.
7 – “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.”
- If you’re lost in the past or the inevitable future, you won’t see what lies in the present moment.
8 – “If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I’d still swim. And I’d despise the one who gave up.”
- You cannot control what already happened. Let it go. Move on. And look towards the future.
9 – “The story of the human race is the story of men and women selling themselves short.”
- When you are old, you’ll want to give yourself the peace of mind that you did everything in your powers to be the man you knew you could be.
10 – “We fear to know the fearsome and unsavory aspects of ourselves, but we fear even more to know the godlike in ourselves.”
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure…” – Marianne Williamson
Enjoyed these quotes by Abraham Maslow?
Vote for your favorite quote in the comment section below!